Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Season Optimism

I'm scraping together every ounce of holiday season optimism I can muster and going to meet a new doctor today. I don't know how many times one human being can possibly get her hopes up - hoping that THIS might be the therapy that could finally help me get one step ahead of my fibromyalgia - but I'm going to try it again today...

Honestly, I'm questioning it a little bit. I booked this appointment three months ago - this is how long it took to get in - and I was enthusiastic then. I'm not feeling enthusiastic about ANYTHING right now. The events of this past week have thrown me for a little bit of a loop and it's been full-on WORK to drag myself out of bed every morning. Yesterday, I was near tears and negotiating with Geoff to just let me hide in bed all day. Not Lindsay style. (Yes, I started back on my happy pills again today as a precautionary measure.) The stress is sneaking into every part of my body and I physically feel like I got hit by a car. I could hardly manage to wash my hair yesterday because the muscles in my arms felt like I'd spent the entire previous day lifting weights. Weird. But such is life with fibro.

I'm not sure I'm totally feeling it, but I don't want to make a decision today and then regret it and need to wait another three months for a second chance. So my mom is coming to play with B and Geoff + I are heading downtown in a few minutes to go see what happens.

I've tried a lot of things. Some predictable. Some a little off the wall. This is the craziest idea I've pursued so far. By far. Hands down. No question. But WHAT THE HECK. You don't get big rewards without taking chances.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 22, 2010 2:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck!

 
At December 22, 2010 5:34 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oh I *so* hope it turned out well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home