Thursday, December 16, 2010

On Love

When I was 15, I honestly thought that I understood love.

Over the next decade of my life, I encountered people and situations that caused me to laugh at what I'd called 'love' before, increasingly certain that NOW I understood.

Then I met Geoff, and we got married... We made a baby together and welcomed our beautiful Briony Evangeline into the world. That's capital letters LOVE. (Right?)

I am learning that love is full of layers and levels. I am learning that it is impossible to understand. I am learning that it is everywhere.

And love in its purest expression looks like this: caring for your sick family when you are also sick.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 16, 2010 4:13 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

And they say love cures all ailments. Hope you are all better very soon.

 
At December 16, 2010 4:20 PM, Blogger Danae said...

Love IS actually all around us.....

Yes, I've been feeling the same way recently about love. Just when you think you've felt it in it's purest and deepest form, something proves you wrong :)

Great post... get better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home