Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken

So I'm having a little bit of trouble finding my groove again after vacation. It hardly seems worth it when I know that Christmas - and another major disruption to our schedule - is just around the corner... But alas, my family must eat. And wear clean clothes. And all that other stuff :)

Anyway.

Yesterday, I found a chicken in my freezer. And I remembered that there was a super easy recipe for Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken that I'd bookmarked to try. THANK YOU, UNIVERSE. I ended up making a totally delicious dinner (with leftover chicken... YES!) that was stupidly easy. And it was so good that I had to share.

It sounds spicy. It's not AT ALL. The only work was mixing up the spices, but our whole family enjoyed this so much that I think I'll probably just mix an extra-large batch next time and have it ready to use in the cupboard - which would officially make this the Easiest Dinner Option Ever. You can tell that it's healthier than the pre-made chickens you can buy at the store, and Geoff declared it to be a perfectly acceptable substitute. Awesome.

(I used a frozen organic chicken from Superstore that I threw in the fridge the night before. I pulled it out of the fridge just after lunchtime, left the skin on, and put the chicken on the rack inside my slow cooker on high. And I didn't put the garlic or onion inside because the chicken wasn't 100% thawed and because that's just gross. But it turned out perfectly!)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home