Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reality Bites

Nothing kills all tiny little remnants of a vacation-induced afterglow quite like REALITY. Geoff went back to work last night - his first shift after vacation and, more notably, his first shift in two months because of his knee injury back in October. And today was my first day back at the office since our trip.

Of course, Briony chose not to have a nap yesterday afternoon and instead ended up hanging out with me (so of course, no work got done and she was just kind of generally clingy and miserable).

Of course, Briony was looking borderline sick all day yesterday.

Of course, Geoff and I were feeling borderline sick all day yesterday too.

Of course, Geoff ended up having a lousy night sick at work.

Of course, Briony + I ended up having a lousy night sick at home.

Of course, I couldn't take any good cold meds because I was home alone with B and needed to be alert-ish when she woke up and needed me.

Of course, I slept through my alarm this morning and then felt icky and sluggish and then couldn't find anything I needed to get ready because I haven't put on makeup, left the house, or didn't make it into work until almost 11.

Of course, I made myself pretty(ish) and dragged myself in for what appears to be NO GOOD REASON WHATSOEVER.

Of course, the pay machine in the lot where I usually park wouldn't read my credit card. I was so fed up at that point that I just scribbled a note that the machine was broken and left it under my wiper on my windshield. So of course, I can expect a ticket later :)

*sigh*

I'm determined that it's not too late to turn today around... I'm just not quite sure exactly how I'll accomplish that.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 15, 2010 8:10 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

So sorry for the 'sickish' for everybody...did I leave my bug behind):

 

Post a Comment

<< Home