Thursday, October 14, 2010

Briony The Terrible

So we got Briony The Terrible on antibiotics today.

That sounds so simple, doesn't it? But the road to antibiotics was wrought with tears (mostly mine). She's been sick since Saturday, and Geoff's been working a lot - mostly nights - so this mommy was FINISHED days ago. I know it's not about me at all, but parenting with chronic illness is something special... Of course, I'll keep giving her everything she needs, but it's been costing me more than I can afford.

Yesterday, I realized that WE NEEDED HELP. And her doctor today confirmed what I had suspected: her throat and both ears were looking pretty painful.

As an aside, there is something incredibly satisfying as a mom to know that your kid was sick and that you identified it correctly - you brought them in to the doctor exactly when you were supposed to, when they were sick enough that you weren't being a psycho hypochondriac mom but before they were seriously ill.

Here's praying that Briony will be feeling more Briony-like very, very soon. Because I hate seeing her unhappy. And because I can't work on getting myself better until she is.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 14, 2010 7:04 PM, Blogger Blogger Mama said...

Some day our kiddos will appreciate what us Chronic Illness Mommies have achieved! :o)

 
At October 15, 2010 12:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're a great mamma.

Sidenote: this Briony the Terrible gave me some kisses the other day. I'm waiting for my first symptom to appear.
Love you guys!! I hope B and you have a smooth recovery!

 
At October 15, 2010 5:44 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Blogger Mama - I hope so :)

Katie - Thanks. I know, I'm waiting to get sick too! I hope you stay healthy for your big trip...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home