Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oh Universe, You Tricky Minx

Seriously. You think you're soooo clever, don't you?

A few weeks ago - back before our childcare fell through and my flare up really gained some momentum - I signed on to do a BIG project for one of my smaller regular clients. It was supposed to start last week, and I've been checking my email (and even sending a few tentative 'hey, what's the status on this?' emails myself), dreading the day when they'd be ready to go because I was not quite sure how I was going to manage it. But I was seriously not willing to back out of something I'd committed to work on. But I was scared.

Tonight, the client emailed and apologized about a hundred times in three paragraphs as they let me know they'd decided to take care of it in-house after all.

The bad news is that I'd been kind of excited about the money. Just being honest. We're not hurting, but it would have been AWESOME.

The good news is, um, EVERYTHING ELSE.

This means that I should be able to keep my working hours down to 20-25 hours a week between now and our vacation, instead of the (seriously) 45-50 hours a week I'd been thinking I would be dealing with. Without childcare in place. With two chronic illnesses in full flare mode. OH MY GOD. I am going to start crying again in a second here.

A super apologetic email - including an offer to pay full rate on my hours spent prepping the project quote and going in for a preliminary meeting - was absolutely the best possible scenario here. Guess that was my one good thing today, huh? :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At October 13, 2010 3:57 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Sometimes God takes care of us even when we don't ask:)

 
At October 13, 2010 4:44 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

yeah, Lindsay is blaming me for praying about this :) I said He knows what is best for us.

 
At October 15, 2010 5:45 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks, Moms :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home