Monday, October 11, 2010

Grand Finale

I don't know if I could have designed a better ending to our Thanksgiving long weekend than this one.

This morning, Geoff + Briony + I hosted my parents, my sister, and my niece for a totally laid-back brunch. Briony + Chloe had a blast checking out every toy in our house. It's so much fun to watch them starting to really play TOGETHER.

By early afternoon, our house was quiet again... REALLY quiet because Geoff + Briony are both upstairs napping. I'm chilling on the couch in my comfiest yoga pants and favourite blanket, drinking coffee, catching up on a couple of simple little client requests, listening to Roxette, and trying to decide if I want a nap or a piece of pumpkin pie (or both).

Briony's still not 100%, but she's doing so much better than she was over the weekend. I'm still not 100%, but I'm hanging in there. I'm not sure that I'm ready to begin another week, but I refuse to believe that it will be anything less than wonderful.

Our fridge is full of leftovers for dinner tonight. There's no super-urgent laundry that needs to be done. The house isn't very clean, but Josy's coming to clean tomorrow. I am giving myself permission to spend the rest of today being kind to myself and loving my little family - and that feels sooo good.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home