Sunday, October 10, 2010

Science Experiment

Okay, so apparently I used up all my goodwill in the universe on Colbert tickets. In this case, the equal and opposite reaction was a sick baby on a weekend where Geoff is working back to back shifts on an understaffed trauma ward.

Poor Briony has the runniest nose I've ever seen in my life and it looks like a horror movie when she sneezes. I don't blame her one bit for having trouble sleeping. I don't blame her, but I don't have to like it. I think I managed almost four and a half hours of sleep in total - but NOT in a row. BLARGH.

It was totally one of those nights that felt like a sadistic science experiment. If you're a mommy, I know you know EXACTLY what I mean.

During the first half of the night, I was 100% sure that we were dealing with a cat allergy. My parents recently added three kittens to their family so their grandgirlies would have something extra-special to look forward to when they visit. Briony played with them for a long time yesterday. She loves loves loves the kitties. She has a favourite - Mabel - and carried that poor terrified (but purring) cat around the sunroom and fed her catfood and tried to force her to use the litter box and looked so incredibly proud of herself. But shortly after, her nose was SO plugged up and her eyes were watery. The exact same thing happened after I dropped her off with my cousin (who has a cat) for a few hours earlier this month. UH OH.

But then halfway through the night, she was running a fever - so this might just be a legitimate cold? Guess we'll figure it out. For now, it's a mommy mystery... And for now, it probably doesn't matter anyway (especially because the cats have never been allowed to come inside).

We're staying with my parents until later today, so I know I'll have backup - and permission to take a nap - this afternoon. YAY FOR PARENTS.

In the meantime, they're at church, Briony actually fell asleep again, and I'm now too over-caffeinated to sleep - so I'm drinking more coffee, eating a cupcake, and watching old episodes of The Bugs Bunny + Tweety Show (cartoons were WAY more awesome when we were little!).

Oh, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Scratch that. Briony's up. WOOHOO.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 10, 2010 1:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh do I ever know what you're talking about. Lucy's nose suddenly filled with glue today as well, so I'm really excited* about this week.

I really hope you survive. Use the sick-baby cuddles as fuel.

*not actually true

 
At October 10, 2010 2:00 PM, Blogger ka said...

Does she have her eye teeth? Eye teeth were MURDER over here. The rest of them sort of just popped up - some I didn't even notice until after the fact - but the eye teeth were HELL ON EARTH. Fever, wicked runny nose, fever, no sleep, wicked runny nose, fever. Did I mention is was MURDER?!

 
At October 11, 2010 3:44 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Annemarie - Oh NO! I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Hope Lucy's feeling much better today. And you're so right - the sick-baby cuddles are kind of awesome :)

Kari-Ann - Yep, been there done that. HORROR. They took forever for B too... I swear we worked on them on and off for months. And I absolutely mean WE because EVERYONE SUFFERED. I think this one's a legit cold. Poor baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home