Wednesday, August 04, 2010

One More Day

A slight headache all day. A slightly queasy feeling in my stomach off and on. A definite feeling of dizziness, but nothing to panic about. A really strong metallic taste in my mouth (that - honestly - is making me want to binge eat so I can't taste it anymore). And more pain than I was expecting. That was Day One.

It's SO HARD to make medication decisions. Side effects can fade. It takes two weeks for the meds to be fully effective. And this is a marathon - with every side effect, I'm asking myself, 'Can I live with this indefinitely?'

Al I know - and all I really NEED to know - is that I made it through today. And I can do one more day tomorrow. The day after that is not today's concern.

-

The psychological war with illness is fought on two fronts, on the battlefield of the mind and in the depths of the heart. Emotional strength must be learned. I am a better person for that struggle. Attitude is a weapon of choice, endlessly worked... Self-pity is a poison. There is no time. I need a future and refuse to become a victim. Too often we become oblivious to our own prisons, taking the bars and high walls for granted. Sometimes we construct them ourselves, and the barbed wire goes up even higher. Too many of the limitations placed on us are an extension of our own timidity.
- Richard Cohen

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 04, 2010 5:18 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

Praying for you.

 
At August 04, 2010 9:04 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home