Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What I Want Is An Avocado

I read this earlier in the week and I've been back a bunch more times to read it again - a lovely little post from Redhead Writing entitled How Avocados Changed My Life and Other Work-Life Bullshit (I'm going to add a PG13 warning to this link).

How many times have we missed out on something just because we're scared? Or decided that we didn't like something - without ever even giving it a chance?

So many times, I feel myself pursuing things that I don't even necessarily WANT - but I feel pressure to want them anyway just because I SHOULD. The more birthdays I have, the better I get at sorting through all the crap to find the heart of the matter and figuring out what I want. It's a good thing I still have so many more birthdays to go :)

This is my life. I can't control everything about it, but I can choose how I live it. I am so grateful to have married a man who supports me wholeheartedly in this pursuit, and whose journey parallels mine in so many ways.

I'm going to stop saying SHOULD. And I'm going to eat more avocados (they are SO YUMMY).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 29, 2010 8:29 AM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

I think you might like reading the Happiness Project - it talks a bit about stuff like you have here. Safe travels, friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home