Monday, July 26, 2010

Ode to Parents

Know who rocks? PARENTS.

Geoff was working nights all weekend, so my parents graciously extended an invitation to Briony + I to hang out at their place so they could help me take care of her. It was so nice to spend some extra time with them, and even nicer to have some extra help. Even with all their help, my back and shoulders are pretty messed up today and I'm just generally in pain and having lots of difficulty.

And beginning on Thursday, Geoff is working something like 8 out of 10 consecutive shifts - which sucks for him (for obvious reasons) but also sucks for me (see above paragraph re: my ongoing flare and the fact we have a toddler in our house). Once again, it's parents to the rescue... Briony + I will be flying out with my parents on Thursday morning and then spending those aforementioned horrid days with Geoff's parents in Abbotsford so that, once again, I can get some extra help.

Incredible, isn't it? I'm sure it helps to have a pretty cute kid... But I don't take any of this for granted. We are so very blessed to have a life full of people who love us - including parents who are so willing to pitch in. I have no idea how we'd be surviving without all of you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home