Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Smile

I'M DONE! I'M DONE! I'M DONE!

I finished writing + submitting my final paper for my final course today - The Evolution of Public Relations, if you must know... And I wrote about the last ten years of public relations and the effect of blogging, microblogging, and social media on our profession, using the marketing of The Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity, and Scott Pilgrim vs The World as case studies.

Oh yes, I did. While my classmates were researching genocide and historical political campaigns, I was reading about Comic-Con. True story. Impressive, I know ;)

Assuming that my ridiculous topic won't prevent me from passing this course, I can now add a Diploma in Public Relations from the University of Victoria to my long list of auspicious achievements (tongue firmly planted in cheek).

I can't even tell you how happy I am. I honestly wasn't expecting this to be a big deal, but I sat here and cried after I uploaded the file. Actual tears. Turns out that I'm more proud of this diploma than I was of my first degree... Funny how that works. I'm just so ridiculously proud of myself for finishing despite all the challenges the universe has thrown our way lately. It feels a little bit like finishing that marathon. And it feels a lot like something worth celebrating :)

Thanks for sharing this victory with me. I know there were many people praying me through the home stretch.

Now which program should I tackle next? Accreditation? My Masters? Or should I go straight for my MBA?... JUST KIDDING. I'll wait now until Briony's in Grade One. At least. Because... SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER!

Sorry. I had to.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At July 30, 2010 7:31 PM, Anonymous Ashley said...

Congrats- what a great feeling that is!

 
At July 30, 2010 9:29 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oh happy day :) Big ups to you, my friend!

 
At July 31, 2010 10:21 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Sooo happy for you, my friend. Now, enjoy your holiday and time with your family :)

 
At August 02, 2010 8:42 AM, Blogger Nessie said...

Congrats! That's so wonderful. :D

 
At August 02, 2010 10:10 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

YAY! Congrats!!!

 
At August 03, 2010 5:08 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks, everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home