Monday, July 26, 2010

Butterflies

I am honestly starting to believe that there are no wrong decisions in life, merely decisions that land you in a different place than you might have ended up otherwise. My life has been built from a string of things I did not necessarily plan - and I love my life. It takes a lot for this Type A to admit that it's turning out better than I could have planned it myself.

Today, I've been thinking a lot about change and transitions. Nothing super deep, and probably a lot to do with the fact that I'm trying to finish up the last paper for my course this week. This fall, I will graduate from a program I've been plugging away at since 2002. Kind of bizarre from someone who finds a little part of her identity in being a student.

But I don't think that's all... For the last little while, I have definitely been feeling that something is about to change - and it's giving me butterflies. I don't know what or why or how, and I don't know if it's going to be soon or if God is just laying the groundwork for something in my future. Maybe it's just a change in my understanding of who I am.

Something is coming. And I'm a little bit excited to find out what.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2010 5:51 PM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

I totally agree! You can't plan for life but if you make a million tiny little decisions along the way that feel right in your heart, you end up somewhere really special. I hope your butterflies end up being something magnificent (or at least something new to leads to even more).

XO
Lenore

 

Post a Comment

<< Home