Thursday, July 08, 2010

Greetings From The Pit

So after treating myself to a late-night cocktail of codeine, arthritis meds, and melatonin, I slept poorly. Oh, come on... Did you really think that sentence would end differently? It's never that simple. The decisions I made yesterday have set me back a week. And that fact is making me a little bit cranky today. Okay, okay... Maybe a LOT cranky.

I woke up feeling like crap and dug deep to get myself ready for work. We hit Starbucks on the way in and it took 20 minutes to get my latte, a sure sign that your day is going to pot in a hurry. Geoff + Briony dropped me off and I managed three consecutive meetings before calling it quits - I still have tons of stuff to do between now and the end of Friday, but it's so much easier for me to work from home right now. My headache is back. I'm still super queasy. And I'm in a foul mood. My poor, poor family.

Today's treatment plan? I stopped by the mall after work and bought myself a pretty new cardigan and $100 worth of stuff Briony didn't need that was on clearance at Baby Gap (okay, SOME of it was on clearance... I MAY have picked up one or two of their new fall things). Now I'm eating mass quantities of Nibs (which aren't making me queasy for some strange reason) and feeling generally overwhelmed. Geoff signed up to work an unscheduled night shift tonight back when it seemed like I was getting better. Now I'll be doing the single mom thing tonight + tomorrow which is unfortunate, but what can you do.

Sorry. This was depressing. What can I add that will make it seem slightly less abysmal (because contrary to what this sounds like, I'm a little frustrated but not despondent)? Our silver lining this week has absolutely been Briony. She's been her incredible self with naps and bedtimes, and during her waking hours she's been full of conversation, giggles, and hilarious new dance moves. This pit would be *so* much deeper without my little family beside me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 08, 2010 3:42 PM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

I agree that family makes everything brighter, even during the darkest days. Hope you're feeling better soon, sounds like it's been a rough ride.

XO
Lenore

 
At July 09, 2010 2:12 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I don't know if it's the mood I'm in this week too, or just how awesome I know your little family is...but reading the last line of this had me running to the washroom so my coworkers didn't see me crying.

I think of you so much, and hope you feel back to your usual self very, very soon.

Anything you need, you know you can call :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home