Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Wednesday Smile

I love getting mail that isn't bills. One of the very best parts about working freelance in receiving physical cheques in the mail. Seriously. I'm all about the convenience of direct deposit, but there's something very cool about holding an actual cheque in your hand and receiving something tangible in exchange for your work.

But this post isn't about freelance or cheques or how things were so much better in the olden days.

Yesterday when we got home from the lake, there was a big package in our mailbox from Chapters that was addressed to Miss Briony Wright. I was kind of confused because we didn't order her anything. And it's nowhere near her birthday or Christmas.

I opened it up and saw a children's book about a bunny.



Still confused.

Then I picked up the packing slip and scanned it for a clue. This is what I discovered. And it made me smile for the rest of the evening.



It's nice to know that people read my blog (hehe). And it's even nicer to know that our family - spread out across the country - loves our baby girl as much as they do.

And Briony capital letters LOVES the book. She couldn't stop looking at it and kissing the pages :)

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 07, 2010 3:52 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Neat...and that's an 'old' book:)

 
At July 07, 2010 9:52 PM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

Awwww! That is so sweet!

 
At July 08, 2010 9:04 AM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home