Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The Book Was So Much Better Night #1: Eat Pray Love

So the Book Club I tried starting this past year didn't really work out. We were all too busy. LINDSAY was too busy (me, not the other Lindsay - hehe). It made me sad, but I was just too darn tired to do anything about it. And so it just kind of faded off and died.

The whole experience got me thinking... We're obviously all too busy for regular commitments at this point in our lives. But why not plan an occasional one-off Girls Night Out that involves going to see a movie based on a book we've all read, and then grabbing coffee and talking about it after? No commitment other than reading a book and showing up for a fun night out. If you can make it to this one, great. If you can't make it, then we'll catch you next time. But no pressure to ever show up again unless you want to and it fits into your life whenever it happens. Awesomeness.

I'm planning the first one for Tuesday, August 17. We'll go see Eat Pray Love and then grab some coffee and talk about it. You've got a month to read the book, and I'll bring the nerdy discussion questions :)

Interested? Send me a message and I'll hook you up with all the details.



(Enough people have asked now that I'm adding this note: I do have a copy, but I'm re-reading the book now so I can't loan it out... Sorry! But I just checked and you can buy it online from Chapters for around $10. Happy reading!)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 07, 2010 3:52 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm reading that book right now, it's wonderful!

 
At July 07, 2010 9:33 PM, Blogger kendra said...

I love this book. read it last yr when it came out. if there is someone that needs to borrow it, they can have it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home