Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The One With So Much Gratitude

Just needed to send a giant THANK YOU out to everyone who sponsored me in last weekend's Walk to Fight Arthritis. Geoff, Briony, Marilyn, and I walked a 5k on Sunday morning in Vancouver - and I exceeded my fundraising goals thanks to all of you.

The turnout wasn't huge - I didn't expect it to be given that this is its first year and this is about the nine thousandth cause to hold a 5k fundraising walk - but that wasn't the point. It was amazing to me that people in 17 communities across Canada were able to come together to raise $900,000 to help support The Arthritis Society last Sunday. And it was so important to me that I got to be a small part of that. I'll admit that it did feel small... Smaller than Joints in Motion, to be sure. But no less significant because I got to do this walk with my family - the people who fight alongside me every single day.


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At June 02, 2010 10:04 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Awesome!

 
At June 02, 2010 11:24 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

Soooo proud of you doing this walk. In the state you were in, it must have felt like the usual marathon. Your strength and determination and tenacity have helped you fight through many difficult times in your life. I know that with God watching over you, and with Geoff and Marilyn at your side, you'll get through this one too. And Briony will provide the motivation to keep on putting one foot in front of the other.

 
At June 03, 2010 10:18 AM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

I feel like a bad sister that i had no idea you were doing the walk :( Proud of you though.

 
At June 04, 2010 12:46 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Mel - Thanks! And thanks for being one of my generous donors :)

Mom - Aww... Wish you could have been here too. Next year.

Jess - Thanks! And for the record, I totally emailed you. Guess you're too busy and fabulous to keep up with all your messages ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home