Thursday, June 03, 2010

The One With All The Oil

Geoff and I are admitted news junkies, and we've been fascinated with the BP oil spill along with the rest of the world. I came across this website today that helps you to visualize the magnitude of the disaster by showing you the current size of the oil spill over a map of your house (and that's today... imagine how it will have grown by August... kind of makes me want to puke). Then this article uses the same technology to show actual states - and COUNTRIES - that are SMALLER than the oil spill today.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 03, 2010 8:54 PM, Blogger Sara Beth said...

The whole thing just freaks me out. And one thing I read said they are thinking about putting a live 'enzyme' into the ocean that would eat up all the oil. Kind of freaky sci fi stuff. How do you control a live enzyme, and what would ITS impact on the environment be? Yeah, pretty freaky.

 
At June 03, 2010 10:56 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

It hurts my heart because of having been there - New Orleans and now it's 6 km. from the beach in Florida. So sad. All that sea food...

 
At June 04, 2010 12:45 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Sara - I know. It's crazy, isn't it? So many things about this situation kind of blow my mind.

Mom - You're hilarious :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home