Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Countdown to Lilith: Kate Nash

Now that we're less than three weeks away from my girls roadtrip weekend with Emily, Kathy, and Mel to check out Lilith Fair in Minneapolis, I can't resist putting together a little 'Countdown to Lilith' series. Can you tell that I'm just a LITTLE BIT excited? :)

First up is the lovely Kate Nash. I have a little bit of a love/hate relationship with Ms Nash. I'm relatively certain that I would have been a huge fan if she'd appeared on the music scene when I was a teenager. But she didn't. And so she's become a little bit of a guilty pleasure artist for me when I'm in the right mood. In the right mood, I quite enjoy reliving my college years in all their glorious angst. In the wrong mood, she's an annoying little sister and I REALLY want her to practice her guitar in the garage instead of in front of the mirror in the bedroom we share.

That said, her style is kind of adorable and her songwriting is creative and fun. It will be interesting to see her live because she's definitely on my list of artists who I have my doubts about... She could surprise me and be incredible live. Or she could sound like s#*t. And happily, there is only one way to find out.

My very favourite Kate Nash song is 'Nicest Thing' - to me, it's one of the most honest 'I wish you loved me back' songs ever. And if you've survived your college years, you know that there's always room for one more song like that (pass the Arbor Mist and a box of tissues, please... hehe).

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 29, 2010 12:05 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Like. (Oh dear, FB is getting to me!)

I don't think you'll be one bit disappointed. Why would Sarah take a risk at you not enjoying even one act. That's right, she wouldn't.

I'm officially jealous. My friends in Calgary just went and LOVED it.

 
At June 30, 2010 12:09 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

Brutal... does that say something that you referred to her as an annoying little sister and she's one of your annoying little sister's favourite singers....? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home