Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Turn Around

Hands up if you now have 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' stuck in your head.

Oh, really? Just me?

Okay.

What a difference a couple of hours makes. Briony had a nap this morning (WHY OH WHY do I feel so superior for having outsmarted a NINETEEN MONTH OLD?) and woke up happy as a clam. Then Katie came - and she came bearing flowers, having read my depressing Facebook status updates. Briony waved happily as I left and I was totally thinking happy thoughts again (in place of the thoughts I had previously been having about animal mothers eating their young).

A quick stop at the bank was followed by a visit to Indigo on Kenaston, where I planned to set up shop in Starbucks for a couple of hours. Here my day was very nearly derailed.

Fun Fact: Apparently, I picked the one Starbucks location in Winnipeg without wifi.

Surprised? ME TOO. So I did a quick shop in Chapters and then headed to the next Starbucks over. Deep breath. No big deal. Shake it off. I felt like a little bit of a loser walking in with a coffee and scone already in hand, but I managed to find a big comfy chair, an electrical outlet, and the wifi I was seeking.

One client project and one volunteer project down, and one client project to go - then MAYBE JUST MAYBE I'll have time to stop and look for a summer jacket before heading home again. I know, I shouldn't push my luck :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2010 1:58 PM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Summer. Jacket. Hmmm...seems like an oxymoron to me. Although we do live in Winnipeg. Never mind.

XO
Lenore

 
At June 24, 2010 1:26 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

:)

I should have been more specific. I was on the hunt for a blazer that I could wear to work in summer. I wanted something white with short or three-quarter length sleeves and ended up with black and grey (NO surprise if you've seen my closet).

I'm STILL looking for a new spring/fall jacket, though. No luck this spring, which I find incredibly irritating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home