Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Loving This Second

A few material objects I've been obsessing over lately...

1. Kraft Olive Oil Dressings. Specifically, the Pesto Parmesan and Fig Balsamic varieties. And specifically as marinades for grilled chicken. YUMMY.

2. This ridiculously adorable (and environmentally conscious) tea set by Green Toys I've had my eye on for Briony FOREVER. I finally picked it up today and can't wait to give it to her later today.



3. The new Eucalyptus mosquito repellant by OFF. I looked everywhere for eucalyptus oil last summer and had very poor luck. This year, you can buy it at Superstore for pretty much the same cost as the yucky chemical stuff. It goes on so nicely, smells lovely, and works like a sonuvabitch. Seriously. And seriously awesome.

4. WASHABLE CRAYONS. Where were these things when we were kids?

5. Buy 3 Get The 4th Free at Chapters until July 4. I've been once already, and I'm thinking I'll be back :)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At June 23, 2010 3:20 PM, Blogger Sara Beth said...

Do you use the eucalyptus mosquito repellent on Briony? I'm still wondering what I can use on Eva...

 
At June 23, 2010 3:30 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I have been, yes - just carefully and not on her hands (and then washing it off later). The mosquitoes are too horrible not to do SOMETHING.

 
At June 23, 2010 9:20 PM, Blogger Jobina said...

LOVE the tea set! That came out just as Trinity was growing out of the tea party phase. Shoot.
I'm totally going to try that repellent. I get eaten alive, more than anyone around me, and I just hate smelling like bug spray all the time. Thanks for the tip!

 
At June 24, 2010 11:28 AM, Blogger Peever said...

Is there an age warning on the eucalyptus mosquito repellent? I have been looking for something safe like this...?

 
At June 24, 2010 1:30 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

@Jobina - Awww... Tell her she's not too old! And definitely check out the repellant. I'm like you - they always attack me first, and I'm super allergic.

@Peever - I don't know if I'd call it 'safe.' Maybe 'safer.' It says 3+ (don't call CFS! hehe) but this past week it was so bad that I had to use it + our net to at least attempt to protect her. The OFF Kids stuff says 6 month+ but it has DEET, which I hate. I'm still looking for the lemon eucalyptus oil as a natural product that *might* be safer... Still researching. I'll definitely report on here if I'm successful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home