Sunday, April 25, 2010

Toddlers + Teething + Deadlines... OH MY

I should just KNOW that on days when I use up my reserve spoons, I'll find myself needing them before long.

After (over)exerting myself this morning, I've been dealing with a TODDLER here all afternoon. Briony's been rubbing her eyes since 11 am and she just now - finally - HOPEFULLY - is down for her first nap of the day. It's 100% teething, which makes it so hard because it's *so* not her fault. I fear for bedtime and what this late nap might mean, but I'm very willing to risk it right now.

It's just one of those Sunday afternoons when I really wish that I had a husband who is always around on weekends. Or at least one who leaves and comes home at normal times so that a 'work day' doesn't overlap ALL of Briony's day. Fighting with a teething toddler over naps while having a silent mental breakdown over all the client work I was supposed to be doing during her nap has exhausted me today... And I know that I'm on my own for bedtime still. I'm trying not to think about that part yet.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

And even if today gets the better of me, we're less than four weeks away from Geoff having an entire month off - the grand payoff for these dastardly 12 hour shifts :)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2010 8:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Take it from me... If Geoff was "normally" home on weekends, Briony would cut teeth on Mondays. If he was usually home at supper time, she'd be all cute and "hey, I don't know what this crazy lady is talking about, I'm ADORABLE ALL DAY." They are kids. They are EXACTLY what our mothers warned us about.

I told Kris I'm going to drive the air seeder tomorrow and he can have my day job. She is SERIOUSLY insane right now. Nothing harmful - just SERIOUS NON-STOP COMMENTARY on her day, plus an INCESSANT need to help.

Which reminds me... I need to go mop the kitchen floor from where someone was helping me add flour to 'cancakes' this morning...

 
At April 26, 2010 12:20 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

You are SO RIGHT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home