Friday, April 23, 2010

End of an Era

We sold our baby swing and exersaucer today. What a strange feeling. On one hand, it's exciting to have them out of my house (and hopefully some other no-longer-used items will follow over the next few days). On the other hand, it's kind of the end of an era for the Wright family.

I'm not sad about it exactly... More like pensive or nostalgic, I guess. I absolutely loved having baby Briony in our family. And now I love toddler Briony every bit as much. Actually, truth be told, I think I love toddler Briony even more. And I will keep loving every new stage that our family grows into and through and out of again. They're all kind their own kind of magical, don't you think? :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2010 12:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, each phase brings its own joy with it.

But every once in a while I remember when mine used to nap in the morning, afternoon, and at supper time. And not ask me EVERY TWO MINUTES "whatcha doing Mom, whatcha doing?" with a big, toothy grin. Ah, the good ol' days...

Mind you, she was a whole DIFFERENT kind of high maitenance in between all that sleeping...

 
At April 26, 2010 12:26 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Yep.

I think about that often - how much those frequent naps helped me get work done, but how much they overtook EVERYTHING when you needed to plan around them. I think I'd still pick one more predictable afternoon nap. And the incessant chattering... But it's DEFINITELY harder to get anything productive done. I maintain that I should have worked during my mat leave year and taken mat leave THIS year :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home