Friday, April 23, 2010

Being a Grown-Up... SIGH

Over the past couple of months, Geoff + I have been doing our best to take all of Gail's advice to heart. We weren't really messed up to begin with, but just sucking it up and tackling those few financial areas that needed a little bit of spring cleaning feels good. REALLY good. Good enough that I seriously recommend this book to any of you who have been eyeing it up in the bookstore - and probably even more so for those of you who have no idea who or what I'm talking about :)

So you know that one corner of your house that's particularly cobwebby and you avoid like the plague because you just KNOW that it's not going to be fun to do? Yeah. That's totally our estate planning. But as Gail loves to say, 'It's the grown-up thing to do, so grow up and do it.'

Which brings me to the purpose of this post...

Have any of you in the Winnipeg area had a great experience with a lawyer who could help us?

When you went through the process, what was your biggest surprise?

What advice would you give about key questions that Geoff + I should be discussing ahead of time?


And just for fun (and because I can't even remember the last time I did an anonymous blog poll)...


Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 23, 2010 9:20 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I have a contact name through our financial guy that specializes in that type of thing but I have to find his name in my "to do" pile as we had not made our appointment yet. I'll look for it.

 
At April 23, 2010 9:45 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

wills are important. powers of attorney are important as well. this spoken from an ex-legal assistant

 
At April 23, 2010 10:04 PM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

We're actually reading that book right now! I absolutely LOVE her show and have seen pretty much every episode.

It's great to see practical advice (and other people who are more screwed up than we are).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home