Monday, March 08, 2010

One Moment With Briony

I don't think that Briony's base vocabulary grew all that much this week - which is noteworthy, because this kid seems to pick up a new word or two every single day. Last week's additions of 'cheese' and 'awesome' were some of our favourites so far. What she did add, however, were some additional words that have helped form some additional sentences that are (sorry if you have some particularly adorable kids or pets or whatever, but it's true) the CUTEST THING EVER.

She has started saying 'where's the...' and 'it's the...' and 'there's the...' which have opened up a whole new world of chattering in our home. Where previously she would have pointed at a dog outside the window and said 'woof woof' she will now point and say 'it's the woof woof!' Last week, she would have looked at me and asked 'dada?' but today it's 'where's the dada?' Yesterday, I was on the phone with my mom and she must have heard her voice, because a second later she was lunging for the phone and saying 'it's the baba! it's the baba!' (Yeah, apparently my parents have become Papa and Baba. My mom is SO NOT IMPRESSED.)

Anyway. That's what's new here. Other than TEETH, and lots of them. We wrapped up our Month Of Molars here last week and she immediately began work on a couple new incisors or eye teeth or whatever the heck you want to call them. Awesome. FUN TIMES. Say a little extra prayer for Geoff.

The saving grace is that - in between all the teething - we get little moments like this one... Yep. Awesome :)

Make photo slide shows at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At March 08, 2010 4:05 PM, Blogger ka said...

Tell your Mom that Scarlett has started calling my Mom, "this one" - as in, "I want This One to help potty." Grandma has never felt more loved... :)

 
At March 08, 2010 8:53 PM, Anonymous Baba said...

Don't get me wrong. I love it that she calls me something... but Baba??? Isn't that a sheep? Maybe because I'm soft and fluffy? How do you get that from "grandma"? We'll be working on correcting that asap :)
Now Papa for Grandpa makes sense!

 
At March 09, 2010 9:51 PM, Blogger Heather said...

CUTE!!!

 
At March 10, 2010 9:48 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Kari-Ann - I *love* that. I'm sure that Donna's a fan, hehe.

Mom - I can't promise that I'll be discouraging it all that much from this end...

Heather - :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home