Thursday, March 04, 2010

When It Rains

It was another rough evening and another rough night here. I am not recovering as quickly or as smoothly as I'd hoped, but I'm definitely making progress every day. Today's my first day without anti-nausea meds and so far so good (knock on wood). My shoulder is feeling much better today too (I know it's a normal reaction to the gasses they pump in for the surgery, but it was seriously feeling like I got shot). So it's my first day where I'm really just dealing with abdominal pain + a bit of a flare-up - it sounds sad, but that's making me pretty happy. I was also pretty excited about Briony coming home tonight. She's been staying with my parents since I had surgery on Tuesday and I MISS HER SO MUCH.

But I talked to my mom this morning, and my little princess woke up at their place this morning with the stomach flu. If you're not a mommy, I don't think it's possible to explain how much this is hurting me... I want her home with me (even though I fully acknowledge that I can't take care of her right now). And it kills me because I never would have asked my parents to deal with something like this. EVER. It's an impossible situation without any good solutions.

It's just a no good very bad day.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At March 04, 2010 12:49 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Nothing like the entire family being 'sick' with different ailments. Good health to all SOON.

 
At March 04, 2010 1:18 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

B and I are having bonding time like crazy. We couldn't have scheduled a deeper more meaningful time together ;) It's a good thing we like each other! Stop worrying... This too shall pass.

 
At March 04, 2010 2:47 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I'm with your mom - try and stop worrying...this too shall pass.

Or as my dad used to tell me - it'll get better before you're a grandparent! hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home