Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Not Quite Dead Yet

So I am now officially without a gallbladder.

So far, it's going okay - I think. I'm not really much of an expert on these things. Honestly, the first day was much more difficult than I had anticipated. Today is probably closer to what I was expecting. Hopefully tomorrow is even better, and I'll be back to normal soon. The one thing I hadn't really counted on was the extreme nausea. I was prepared for pain, but not for that level of queasiness and dizziness and general yuckiness. The drugs are helping - for sure - but it's frustrating to feel like this. I finally kept some food down today, and hopefully that will help to break the cycle of drugs and nausea on an empty stomach. Oh, and I hadn't counted on Geoff coming down the a sinus cold (which is apparently a much bigger deal than my recent abdominal surgery - boys! hehe).

I'm missing Briony like crazy, but I know that she's so much better off with my parents right now. Geoff brought her in to say goodbye at the hospital yesterday, and she was so upset and confused that she couldn't come to me... But I heard her on the phone today and it was very good for my heart.

A great big THANK YOU to everyone who's been praying for us, and to those of you who have helped to make sure that my family is well cared for and well fed. I can definitely feel all the support and it is so very appreciated :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 03, 2010 1:55 PM, Blogger Playful Peanut said...

I'm pretty sure you could go into surgery to have half your body parts removed and somehow Geoff's sinus cold would be worse. :) I've had a sick baby girl and all I heard all weekend is how her father better not catch it. At lesat Scarlett was only whining when she wanted something. :)

Good to hear you're on the road to recovery. Happy Thoughts from the Friesen House!

 
At March 03, 2010 2:14 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Every day will get better Lindsay! Nausea was the worst thing for me too but it got better. Moving around helps get all the yukky anesthesia stuff out of your system.

Yah, interesting how men's ailments are always much worse. Some things never change. :)

Sending get well thoughts through the airwaves.

 
At March 03, 2010 3:36 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

So glad things are improving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home