Sunday, February 28, 2010

T Minus 2 Sleeps

Surgery's happening EARLY Tuesday morning, and I should have spent all day today getting ready - cleaning the house, getting groceries, and a whole list of other responsible things. Instead, I spent the day with Geoff + Briony. We went for brunch and then headed out to the MTS Centre to watch the men's gold medal hockey game with a few thousand other Winnipeggers (and it got ROWDY in there!). Then we came home and put Briony to bed before crashing on the couch to watch the closing ceremonies.

What did I get done on my list today? NOTHING. And I'm perfectly happy to say that. My heart is all torn up thinking about the wife and mommy I'm NOT going to be this week. It meant the world to me that the three of us to just relax and hang out together today.

I think that the thing that worries me the most right now is that I don't know what to expect from my recovery - so it's hard to know exactly what to plan for. Especially because I woke up this morning in a full-on arthritic flare that I'm guessing surgery won't help. BLECH. But we'll figure it out. I'll learn to be flexible and give up some measure of control over my own life, I suppose (...grumble...). And if we handle this badly, at least Briony's young enough to forget ;)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 01, 2010 9:35 AM, Anonymous Momma said...

I'm praying for you. Grandma asked me to tell you that she is praying too. She wanted to know what time your surgery is slated for so she can pray for you :) Yay, Grandma. You know what they say about the power of a praying Grandma :)

 
At March 01, 2010 11:51 AM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Prayers also from BC:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home