Friday, March 05, 2010

Day Four

Day Four with no gallbladder. Day Four with no baby. What a strange, strange week.

I'm so surprised about how long it's taking for me to feel better, but Geoff is convinced that I'm healing very well and exactly as he'd been expecting (whatever that means). I'm still swallowing handfuls of painkillers and having random naps all day long. I think I look like a crazy old bag lady, shuffling around the house clutching a pillow to my stomach - for some reason, it makes me feel better to have that pressure. It's making Geoff laugh at me almost constantly, though... And any sudden movement hurts like heck - especially coughing or laughing. We tried to watch The Office last night and I screamed my way through most of it, clutching my stomach-pillow and yelling OW OW OW in an effort not to laugh. Which only made Geoff laugh harder because I'm like some psycho fake pregnant lady having contractions. Yeah, hilarious.

The only real action in my day today was that I finally managed to Google the number that's been faxing my phone (and therefore my ear) for the last two days. It was the Province of Manitoba's vehicle registration department. I called and asked them to stop, they apologized profusely, and my day has been SO much happier since then.

Briony is apparently doing much better today, so we're hoping that she'll be able to come home tomorrow. It is absolutely creepy how quiet it is at our house right now. Geoff and I are realizing more than ever that we had next to no time together just the two of us before she arrived - and it's incredibly strange now. Geoff was finally bored enough that he volunteered to go grocery shopping this afternoon :)

And with that, I think I'm ready for another nap.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 07, 2010 11:49 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

I'm glad to hear that you're still alive. :) miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home