Thursday, March 11, 2010

More Of The Same. SORRY.

I am so seriously considering a little blogcation just because I feel like - as a reader of a blog - I would be SO ANNOYED to keep coming back just to read a new post bitching about the blogger's life. I'm really not unhappy. We're just having a rough week. And I honestly wish that we had something better to report.

I had a rough night and woke up with more incision pain than I've felt in days. Not sure if it's a result of my check-up yesterday or the one time I caved in and picked up Briony yesterday or if the universe just really hates me that much, but it's super annoying. I also woke up with lots of arthritis and fibro symptoms for the first time since surgery. Awesome that it held off this long. Annoying that it had to happen at all. The drugs are generally working by now, and I'm sipping my TEA (sigh...) while trying to get some work done because I am so seriously and painfully behind in my freelance work. Oh, and I'm also scrambling to fire off some emails to friends who might be able to fill in as a Plan B for this weekend - Geoff is going back to work and my Plan A (heading out to my parents' place for a couple of days) is looking like a bust because my mom's been incredibly sick with strep throat. It's *almost* funny how life can be so unpredictable these days.

Today will hold a few random little rays of sunshine... My friend Melissa is dropping by this afternoon to bring us dinner. And then the client I turned down for a project this week emailed this morning to see if he and their creative director could drop by at the end of the day because they've apparently put together a little get well package for me. How incredibly sweet is that?!

So I'm working overtime to dwell on the positive (and now trying to figure out how to fit in a SHOWER because I was seriously not planning to see any clients today!). Statistically, it's all going to turn around soon... Right?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 11, 2010 12:49 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oh sweet friend I'm *so* sorry to hear that your recovery continues to take its toll on you. Thinking of you lots and wishing you renewed strength.

 
At March 11, 2010 11:22 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Nicole - Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home