Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Frustrated

Consider yourself warned. You may continue reading at your own risk :)

Yesterday brought a HUGE setback in my recovery process, and I am pretty upset about it. I was finally starting to feel more like myself yesterday and actually craved coffee for the first time since surgery (if you know me at all, you know that is HUGE... I pretty much single-handedly keep the entire global Starbucks empire in business). I'm wondering now if that coffee was my undoing or if it was just a coincidence, because I started to feel really awful again last night - and I've been on the couch since 5 pm yesterday, totally sick and in pain again. Like in tears from the pain, curled up in a ball, and struggling to keep down the sip of ginger ale I needed to get some pain and anti-nausea meds into my system. I very nearly made a trip into emerg during the night, but I'm a little better today so I'm trying to just battle it out at home.

This whole gallbladder surgery thing is such an individual experience. I talked to a friend today who had exactly the same experience as I've had after her surgery two years ago - she ended up going back to her surgeon because she was convinced that something had gone wrong in surgery because she still felt so awful even after 2 or 3 weeks. But I've talked with other friends who did much, much better with it - one of them told me that she took a T3 as soon as she got home from the hospital on the day of her surgery and never took another painkiller after that.

I hate that I'm evidently in the category of people who really struggle through the recovery. I hate that I haven't been able to be a mom to Briony for an entire week now. I hate that I haven't been able to work - and I know that tomorrow is the day I need to do some work regardless of how I feel.

We really need to catch a break. SOON.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 09, 2010 3:33 PM, Anonymous sherri said...

I know its hard, but you are strong. It's ok to be down for awhile. - As much as you don't want to be. Also, my mom had this surgery and she also had a long recovery - but the after, once she recovered far out weighed all that. Because before surgery was so horrible and debilitating. You can do it!!! It's worth it!

 
At March 09, 2010 3:45 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Awww man. That stinks. *hugs* across the city to you my friend! Praying for you to feel better by leaps and bounds by tomorrow. Hey, miracles happen :) Take care of yourself.

 
At March 10, 2010 9:47 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Sherri - Thanks. You're always so encouraging :)

Nicole - I think your well wishes must have worked, because today is a better day ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home