Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Some Cautious Optimism

I woke up this morning at around 05.30 with a disgusting rumbly feeling in my stomach. A quick glance at the clock confirmed that I was overdue for more meds (including anti-nausea meds) and I quickly squeezed my eyes back shut and tried to remember exactly where my just-in-case pail was located. But as I lay there, I realized that the rumble in my stomach felt DIFFERENT. I tried to place the exact feeling... And then it hit me. I WAS HUNGRY.

I'm still feeling pretty rough, but I choose to see this hungry feeling as a sign that I am going to live after all. I'm sipping some tea now, and considering some toast - but I've been too chicken to try so far. (Mmm... CHICKEN!)

I see my surgeon at noon today to figure out if I'm just having an especially rough recovery or if something has actually gone wrong. I'm not feeling great at all, but I've made enough progress overnight that I'm cautiously optimistic that this might just be a bad recovery. Saint Katie is coming to play with Briony for a while so that Geoff can take me to the appointment. That's the plan anyway. Apparently, Geoff's tiredness (after nine hours of sleep last night + a nap this morning) is currently trumping my four hour night + ABDOMINAL SURGERY. Sorry. Can you tell how ridiculously unimpressed I am right now? I'm taking care of B and trying to get some client work done right now, feeling like total shit. And it sounds like someone is having a pretty awesome nap in the next room. And it's a good thing. Because he's TIRED. And we all know how very rough that can be ;)

I'm hoping and praying that I'm right because I am *so* sick of being sick. I am constantly on the verge of a breakdown every time Briony wants me to pick her up or play on the floor with her. It is such a horrible feeling to not be taking care of your baby or your family (or ME, for that matter).

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 10, 2010 8:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Saint? Lol

 
At March 10, 2010 9:44 PM, Blogger Playful Peanut said...

My baby girl is finally back to her old self, but now her mother is feeling very kicked to the curb (it's been a LOOOOOOOOOOONG 3 weeks).

Her father is home tomorrow, and I SWEAR if there is any napping going on THAT ISN'T MINE, you just might hear about it in Winnipeg.

Boys. Seriously.

 
At March 11, 2010 11:24 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Katie - Yep. That's right. I said it.

Kari-Ann - That is a LONG time to be dealing with all that crap on your own. You are a goddess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home