Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Kind Of Meandering Update (I blame the drugs)

My surgeon confirmed today that I'm not going to die in my sleep due to some horrible internal bleeding as a result of a botched surgery (don't laugh, I had a TERRIBLE dream the other night). The surgery went perfectly well and I'm healing perfectly normally, but she said that a very small percentage of her gallbladder patients have a strangely complicated and difficult recovery. I guess I'm just one of the lucky few. It was good to hear it from her, and she wants to see me again on Monday just to check on everything again - but I'm feeling much better about things.

And I'm feeling much better in general. I managed to shower, go to my appointment, go for a very short walk outside, and have Amber over for a quick cup of tea today. Oh, and I ate lunch AND dinner. This was all compliments of SAINT Katie (hehe) who introduced me to Ginger Gravol today. All the awesomeness of gravol + all the awesomeness of concentrated ginger - any hint of drowsiness. It has revolutionized my world.

Sadly, this was a VERY eventful day for me. It also happened to be the first day that I've gone outside in eight days. And the first time in that same time period that I wore a bra (I know you were DYING to know...).

Our walk was to Cornelia Bean to replenish my little tea collection to help get me through my 3+ weeks of no coffee still ahead. I grabbed some more of my favourite loose leaf English Breakfast and a super yummy tea called Madame Butterfly - a combination of green tea and peach. I had to physically stop myself from also grabbing a sexy new teapot they had there. Yes, a teapot. Little known fact, but I could quite easily - and happily - own hundreds of teapots if I had unlimited disposable income + unlimited storage space. I love them. I don't know why. But the point is that I didn't. I have, however, looked it up online and given it some additional thought... Hmmm... See, I don't have a teapot with *exactly* this combination of size + a loose leaf filter. SIGH. I'm trying very hard to justify how this will fit into the spot in our budget that is usually reserved for copious amounts of Starbucks double tall nonfat lattes.

I think that's about all for today. I'm hoping to try to make it to my Moms Group tomorrow - depending on how I feel and thanks to my husband who's offered to play chauffeur because I am nowhere near ready for driving or transporting Briony yet. And then I have a heck of a lot of work to get done for my clients in the next couple of days (even with the 15 hour project I turned down today).

Oh yeah, and that super pesky job of resting and trying to get better ;)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 10, 2010 10:44 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I hear you about teapots!

 
At March 11, 2010 11:23 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Margaret - Glad to hear I'm not alone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home