Friday, February 26, 2010

Bugs

Two things...

1. Does EVERYONE have the stomach flu?! It's disturbing to me how many people have posted stomach-flu-related status updates on Facebook or stuff on their blogs. I have a mortal fear of the stomach flu, and I am literally scared to leave my house right now. (Of course, I did - to go to work. But I'm disinfecting like I have OCD.)

2. I have an epic travel bug right now. Yes, that's right - I said epic. I find myself online almost every day, researching trips and figuring out how much I'd need to save every month to be able to pull it off. The funniest thing is that I don't even know where I want to go, I just want to GO. Of course, there's a short list, but the fact that we haven't travelled since I got pregnant means that this is the longest I've ever gone without going and exploring a new place... And I miss it. There are so very many places that I still want to see - and some of them aren't exotic or unattainably expensive at all. Can you believe that I've never been to New York? I've never been to New York. And I know exactly how much I'd need to put away in order to go there at the beginning of December when it's all magical and Christmassy and super-commercialized (with Wicked tickets included, of course). And I've figured out exactly how much extra freelance work I'd need to do in order to make it happen. SIGH. A girl can dream, right? :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 26, 2010 2:20 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

I'm getting the idea that trips to Vancouver area don't count as traveling? How many times have you been out there in the past 2 years? Believe it or not, it counts!

 
At February 26, 2010 6:57 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

There is a great place to stay in Manhattan if you book ahead - Menno House - run by friend of my sister-in-law.

www.mennohouse.org

 
At February 27, 2010 6:39 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

Ya, no kidding. Wanna send me to vancouver for you next time? ;) *a girl can dream, right?*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home