Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thank You, Concert Gods

Geoff and I had Date Night at the Coldplay concert last night. It was lovely. We arrived in time to see all of the second opening band's set - Snow Patrol was good, but not *quite* as good as the last time we saw them. It was nothing against them. They're just a small venue band, and when we saw them two years ago, it was at a small venue (and they were the main performers that evening). I still liked it. But I'll admit that I was just a tiny bit distracted. Because I knew that in a few short minutes, that very same stage would host...

COLDPLAY!



We all know about my beef with Ticketmaster over our seats for this concert. I think I've bitched to literally anyone who would listen. And you can see from that photo that our seats weren't BAD... I resolved to go and just enjoy the concert because - hey - we were seeing Coldplay. And that's pretty darn cool. They were an AMAZING live band.

But of course, in my life, there's always a dramatic last-minute twist (and this Date Night was no exception). No sooner had we located our seats than we noticed an odd-looking platform in the middle of the seats about six feet in front of us. The evening progressed, and our initial guesses were confirmed as we watched a microphone and sound equipment being set up, and noticed that they were really tightening up security in our section...



Sure enough, somewhere near the middle of their set, Coldplay ran through the crowd and ended up on this secondary stage for a bunch of songs (including Green Eyes, one of my favourite songs, and a hilarious cover of I'm A Believer). Freaking six feet in front of us.

Yeah. It was a good Date Night. And fter Lenny Kravitz and now this, Geoff is officially in charge of buying all of our concert tickets (at least until his amazing luck runs out).

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 16, 2009 11:08 AM, Blogger Amber said...

This second photo is bringing my rage back, just so you know. I'm sure it'll pass in a few minutes as I listen to my free CD :)

 
At June 16, 2009 12:54 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

FYI: I'm super jealous. Somehow I missed the fact that they were even coming to town (same as Beyoncé) and now am relegated to hearing everybody tell me how awesome it was. *sigh* I need a concert kick in the pants.

 
At June 16, 2009 2:54 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

SO jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home