Saturday, May 30, 2009

Garage Sales on a Saturday

I really wasn't sure what to do with Briony today... Geoff's working a bunch of nights again, so I knew that I'd be on my own today while he slept. One glance outside told me that it would be a great day for a walk. And a peek down to the end of our street told me that it would be a perfect day to check out a bunch of garage sales within walking distance of our place.

Two hours, seven garage sales, and a boatload of sunshine later, Briony and I came home with only two things (which I consider to be a great success, hehe): a brand-new Memory matching game, and a bin full of Duplo blocks. The grand total was $6.

Seriously, who in their right mind would sell an entire bin of Duplo blocks for $3?! It's ten years old, but that stuff doesn't age - and it's so washable. They still sell the identical set at Toys R Us for $40. I consider that to be a pretty awesome garage sale find. And a pretty nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 30, 2009 5:47 PM, Blogger Jobina said...

gotta love a good deal!

 
At May 30, 2009 9:24 PM, Blogger Kristen Loewen said...

yay for garage sales - i found my own good deals this morning with Ian in tow.

 
At May 30, 2009 10:15 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

Not to mention your multiple phone calls to your sister to brag about your amazing garage sale finds! lol. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home