Thursday, April 16, 2009

Five Months Old

My baby girl turns five months old today. How the heck did that happen?! Seriously. I want to know. It blows my mind a little bit. This past month was all about improving on and perfecting the milestones she reached for the first time last month. It's amazing to me how much she's taking in, and how much she learns every single day.

And how are we celebrating this auspicious occasion of Briony's five month 'birthday'? By teething, of course. My normally happy baby has been crying on and off all day today. Here's hoping this is all very temporary - especially because I can't find any real teeth buds in her mouth yet.

New Things This Month:
- Standing up in her exersaucer, thinking she's a big girl
- Constantly trying to sit up (not successful on her own yet)
- Lots of jolly jumper tricks, and jumping so high that she's topping out the spring
- Trying desperately to sit up (not successful yet)
- Fussing when a favourite toy is taken away or dropped on the ground
- Lots of rolling, and getting stuck on her face a little less often
- Lots more hair growing in (and it's *so* blonde!)
- So much talking and babbling and giggling...
- No teeth yet, but lots and lots of chewing and biting
- Discovering hair - hers and mine - and always wanting to play with it
- Successfully grabbing mommy's glasses off her face
- LOVING peekaboo and dancing with mommy and daddy
- Taking her pacifier in and out of her mouth
- Trying to feed herself by grabbing the bottle and pulling it to her mouth, and holding onto it
- Squealing when she recognizes someone she likes
- Briony's first Easter

Favourite Moments:
- Watching her explore and take in more and more of the world around her
- Walking around our neighbourhood with the stroller (yay SPRING!)
- Briony charming everyone with her smiles and giggles at our Easter gatherings
- Five month photo shoot with Auntie Jessica and Chloe

Looking Forward To:

Returning to BC in less than two weeks and spending *lots* of time outside.



Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At April 16, 2009 8:41 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

What little beauties:) Hope the crying doesn't become too troublesome for you. It's always frustrating for Moms and Dads who can't 'make it better'.

 
At April 16, 2009 10:23 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

As is becoming the norm for my blog here, as soon as I blogged about it, it got better. She was happy for the rest of the evening. Ridiculous :)

 
At April 17, 2009 11:07 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Aww, I know I told you already how much I love those photos. What I forgot to tell you is how much baby B looks like your mom in the bottom right one! SO cute.

 
At April 17, 2009 4:20 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

My daughter now has all her teeth, except for her 2-year molars, so after almost 17 months of teething, she's finally done and is a happy girl. :) Now that baby #2 is on the way, we get to start the whole process over again!

 
At April 17, 2009 10:39 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

So Amber - is it b/c of the whole hair thing?? Cuz I now have WAY more hair than B!! I agree on the cuteness part. We should do a mom and daughter coffee sometime. I would love to meet your mom, and see you too of course.

 
At April 20, 2009 3:33 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Haha! No no it wasn't the hair at all! It was the smile and her eyes! hahaha, I'm laughing SO hard right now.

I think a coffee date sounds great, we should definitely arrange something for the four of us when Lindsay comes back from BC!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home