Sunday, April 05, 2009

Gold Star for Lindsay

I just got my third individual assignment back for the course I'm taking... And it's the highest mark yet! The instructor had nothing but great things to say about my paper. Just one left before the end of the course, but I'm feeling *much* more confident than when I started.

It's important to note that I am literally giving myself a gold star for this one. My mom gave me two sheets of shiny little gold star stickers the last time I saw her. I love my mom.

It's also important to note that the whole 'gold star' thing totally made me think of Christine and Dolly... Back when the three of us worked together, we were feeling very unappreciated at work - and so Christine bought a huge pile of stickers, and we would present them to each other whenever we saw someone doing great work or needing some encouragement. No one gives me stickers at home... But now I have gold stars! And you can bet that I'll be using them, hehe :)

Amazing how humans thrive on that kind of affirmation. I've noticed that I do that for Briony. When she rolls over or tries something new, I'll clap and cheer for her, and her little face just lights up the entire room. She's *so* proud of herself. At four months old. No wonder we all have just a tiny little bit of a complex by the time we're adults.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 06, 2009 11:44 AM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Yay!!!!!! Good work!
I guess the 'gold stars' one receives as a Mom are the smiles and giggles of the little ones:) Enjoy them.

 
At April 13, 2009 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Proud of you.
JUST HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU NEED TO LEARN?grandma K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home