Friday, April 03, 2009

Friday Smile(s)

Yesterday, I was sick. Really sick. Sicker than I've been in a long, long time. And it hit me for the first time that mommies don't get to call in sick. THAT SUCKS. So why is this a Friday Smile? Well, because although mommies don't get to call in sick - sometimes, if they're very lucky, they can call *their* mommies. My mom was here by 10 am and spent the day taking care of Briony so that I could take care of myself (and even cleaned up my kitchen). Thank you, Mom :)

I had another rough night, but I'm starting to feel better today - though I'm nowhere near 100% yet. It's Geoff's last shift until next week Sunday, so I know that if I can muddle through until 8 pm tonight, it will all be okay.

Briony is napping in her swing, both arms wrapped around one of her many stuffed friends, which is pretty much the cutest thing ever. Just before her nap, she was getting especially giggly and I was tickling her. It was getting to the point where I only had to smile at her and wiggle my fingers, and she'd be totally lost in fits of giggles. I love this kid. (Even though she totally puked on me this morning. SO gross.)

She fell asleep, and I was just settling onto the couch when the doorbell rang. Mr Postman brought me my brand-new fancy pink Chi iron. YAY.

Funny how it's the smallest things that can make you smile. Things are definitely looking up...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 03, 2009 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats a Chi iron??????

 
At April 05, 2009 1:43 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

You are very welcome :) Love you.
Get better soon.

 
At April 05, 2009 4:14 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Grandma - It's a straightening iron, for my hair :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home