Sunday, April 05, 2009

Ahhhh...

In case you didn't catch that, that was the sound of Lindsay relaxing on the couch for an entirely lazy and uneventful Sunday night (the best kind, in my opinion).

It started with America's Funniest Home Videos. Yep, that's right. I can't help it that I find other people's injuries HILARIOUS. When Geoff realized what I was watching, I saw judgment in his eyes, but it took less than five minutes for him to join me on the couch - and I swear he laughed at those funny, clumsy people louder than I did.

Laughter made way for tears because I simply cannot watch an episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition without crying. No one can. It is very, very evil that way.

We took a break from the television to be productive for a while, until I realized that one of my very favourite TLC specials was on: the women who didn't know they were pregnant until they were full-term and in labour. Please don't ask me why I love it so much. I have no idea why. Perhaps it's the Rescue 911-style reenactments by people who aspired to be 'real' actors but were not pretty or talented enough to succeed. Maybe it's because when they interview the actual people, they all have the same hillbilly accent. It could have something to do with the voiceover guy and his entirely predictable script. Or maybe the show's impressive moustache count. And you can't overlook the fact that the actors are always about a thousand times more attractive than the actual people (yes, A THOUSAND TIMES). Now to add to my delight, this episode featured a lady who didn't know she was pregnant... with TWINS! Life is so awesome sometimes.

After Briony went to bed, Geoff and I caught up on the Cake Wrecks blog. Talk about icing on the cake... hehe. I posted a few highlights at the bottom of this post.

Did anything truly responsible or productive happen? NO.

Did we spend time laughing until our stomachs hurt? YES.







Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 06, 2009 11:10 AM, Anonymous Momma said...

What was really funny to me about the "I didn't know I was pregnant" show was that the newborn babies were 6 months old and smiling in the reenactment segments. Dad said, who let their grown up babies be slathered in ketchup for those shots? Very funny. And the music - tried to be so serious and foreboding but wasn't. The show(s) was entertaining - though not in the way they were probably aiming for!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home