Friday, December 19, 2008

My Favourite Things (Baby Edition)

Oprah's not the only person who gets to have a list of her favourite things (that she then forces on people - hehe).

I have to say, I *heart* Lux for Sprouts - a new baby store that opened on Academy Road this fall. Everything there is gorgeous. I will continue to spend way too much money on cool baby stuff there. I know that E-Children is supposed to be the cat's meow here in Winnipeg - and I've dropped a lot of cash there because their product and selection is to die for. But the service at Lux is ridiculous. They remember me, they remember my baby's name, and they make helpful suggestions without ever being pushy. Their selection is much smaller, but EVERYTHING is awesome.

We got this CuddlyWrap baby carrier as a baby gift, and it absolutely revolutionized my world (my new mommy world, that is). Briony loves it. And it lets me carry her around even on my worst flare-up days, without hurting myself - it's so super-comfy. And did I mention organic cotton? And machine washable? Happy sigh.


And as you know, I wasn't able to continue breastfeeding - but while I did, I absolutely loved the nursing cover I ordered from Small Potatoes. It was so well made, totally easy to use, and the fabric selection was gorgeous (and oh so much cooler than anything I could find in a store).

The best part? Both of these are local companies, with products available both online and in stores all over Winnipeg (and beyond). And what's not to love about that? :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 20, 2008 10:59 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Hey girl, I just bought that cuddly wrap things for baby #2. Becky Mills was selling hers and I'm SO looking forward to trying it out. I'm glad that's provided another option for you when you're feeling yucky! See you soon. Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home