Monday, December 15, 2008

Busy Girls

It was a cold, cold weekend in Winnipeg - and not just because Geoff was working nights. Neither of those crappy things stopped me from making plans and staying busy.

On Saturday, I *officially* left Briony for the first time to attend the Cocoon Christmas party (my parents graciously volunteered for babysitting duty). It was kind of hard to be away from my baby girl, but I'm really glad that I went. I had lots of fun catching up with some of my work friends and dinner was yummy. After dinner, we all went back to Kyle & Jill's to continue the festivities - but I was home by 10.30 to relieve my parents. Ah, the realities of motherhood continue to sink in :)

Briony and I bundled up on Sunday morning and roadtripped it out to Niverville for church - her first time at Word of Life, where she was swarmed with admirers who love her to pieces. It felt oddly comfortable to be there with her. After church, we headed to my parents' place for lunch and the afternoon. Our visit ended up being extended when I didn't feel like driving home in the evening - it was too cold, and I was too tired (and I'd packed for overnight in case the roads got bad). So Briony and I had a sleepover and ended up staying to see Jessica and Chloe this morning.

Briony and Chloe together were hilarious... Every time that Chloe would cry, Briony would start to cry too - but a strange cry that I've never heard before, kind of an imitation of the noises that Chloe was making. Super funny. Jessica and Chloe are coming to visit us on Thursday, so we'll see if it was a one-time show or something to get used to.

It felt relaxing for me to be 'at home' for a little while, and it was great to get to talk to some adults this weekend. Yes, I'm counting my dad as an adult... hehe. I love just hanging out with my baby, but with Geoff working so much, I'd really been feeling the need to TALK - and baby talk doesn't count :)

Briony and I made it home safely in the cold today, and then we spent a quiet afternoon at home with Geoff. By around 4 pm today, I was starting to really feel the fibromyalgia flare-up that I've been expecting. Instead of the constant discomfort that's become the norm over the last couple of days, it's escalated to constant pain. In some ways, I still feel brave because I get smarter every time I do this and have a better arsenal of tools to help fight this. In other ways, this is the scariest it has ever been for me because of Briony.

Tears were shed this afternoon, but I know it will be okay somehow. God is bigger than this. And it's such a small battle when viewed in perspective. Still... Please keep our little family in your thoughts and prayers. It would be awesome if this flare-up was a very temporary little thing.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2008 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to be able to just stay overnight and not have to rush home? The cousins crying - cute:)
To paraphrase from Psalm 112: "Blessed is the woman who finds delight in his commands. Surely she will never be shaken, her heart is steadfast trusting in the Lord". Know you are held in His hands during this time. Love and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home