Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Smile

I woke up at precisely 07.58 this morning to the sound of a baby beginning to ramp up her 'hungry cry' and the thought that it still looked cold and snowy outside. I rolled over to grab my glasses and go rescue my recently-awakened daughter... And then it registered. It was 07.58 in the morning. And I HAD GONE TO BED AT 12.30.

That's right, folks. Briony slept through the night. (Can you hear the angels singing?)

I don't expect this to ever happen again, but for today, I am grateful. And if this isn't a Friday Smile, I don't know what is. The very best part? My awesome day is by no means over: I have a pedicure booked with Darcie this afternoon.

After that, Geoff goes back for another three night shifts - so it's almost as if the universe is giving me an encouraging hug today :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At December 12, 2008 8:57 AM, Blogger Elleah said...

That is so awesome! Sleeping through the night is something I used to take for granted, but not anymore.

 
At December 12, 2008 9:07 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

YAH!!! That is awesome Lindsay. Great Friday smile for sure.

 
At December 12, 2008 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's crazy but don't you almost miss her when she sleeps so long? I'm so happy for you. What are the angels singing?? "Silent Night"? ha ha

 
At December 12, 2008 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!
Handel's Messiah!!
Gr-ma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home