Thursday, December 18, 2008

Unplanned Field Trip

What did I say the other day about life being full of surprises and completely impossible to plan? Yesterday, I suspected that Briony might have the beginnings of thrush in her mouth. Today, I was pretty sure - and then my mom confirmed it. Fortunately, we have a great pediatrician and one phone call around lunchtime got us an appointment for 4.15 pm today. Geoff is working a day shift today and I'm dealing with a flare-up, so I wasn't looking forward to carrying around my adorable but increasingly heavy baby - never mind dealing with rush hour traffic, slippery streets, and downtown parking.

What did I say the other day about having amazing parents? They didn't hesitate to volunteer their services, before I'd even thought to ask. After my mom's radiation appointment, they came back to our house and my mom stayed here while my dad drove Briony and I to the doctor's office. He dropped us off at the door, waited with me, and took care of all the heavy lifting and driving.

It WAS thrush, by the way - and we caught it early enough that it only looks gross but doesn't seem to really be hurting her yet. I filled Briony's prescription on our way home and hopefully this will be relatively easy to treat because we took care of it right away (typing with fingers crossed).

We just got back home and I'm EXHAUSTED, but I know it would be about a thousand times worse if I hadn't had that help. Now I'm just waiting for the pizza I ordered for dinner to arrive. Yeah, I know, BAD WIFE :)

Briony seems to be cooperating with my flare-up request for her to sleep well at night. Yesterday, we tiptoed out of her room at exactly 9.05 pm (and were sleeping *way* before 10.00 pm, cool party people that we are). I heard her first 'MOMMY FEED ME' cry right arond 5.00 am.

Best. Baby. Ever. Even if her tongue looks so gross that it's a little hard not to gag.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At December 18, 2008 6:36 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Parents like that are just the greatest! And in 25 years...you might be doing the same for Briony. :)

 
At December 18, 2008 9:04 PM, Blogger gloria said...

thank goodness you took the announcement photos before the purple mouth...

 
At December 18, 2008 9:11 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Margaret - Yeah, that will likely not be possible because I won't let her be alone with a boy until she's 30 :)

Gloria - The meds they use now don't have dye in them. We'll have to use the purple stuff if two rounds of this first drug don't work. (So you can cross your fingers on our behalf. Thanks.)

 
At December 22, 2008 10:54 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Hope you guys are both doing much better this week and that all symptoms of flare up and thrush are starting to ease, even just a little. Thinking of you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home