Friday, December 12, 2008

Why Didn't I Invent This?!

I promise, I'll try really hard to post something non-baby-related soon... But something happened today that revolutionized my world. Something other than Briony sleeping through the night for the first time (which I'm still smiling about). And something other than my gorgeous new pedicure (which managed to actually make me feel kind of like a girl again). It's the Avent Formula Dispenser.

After a couple of weeks of experimenting with stupid little containers that I buy but am never happy with, I have discovered that SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY INVENTED EXACTLY WHAT I NEED. It has three separate dividers inside, then you just readjust the lid to move the spout to the section you want to pour from - and it holds three bottles worth of formula powder. Oh, and the spout actually fits inside the mouth of the bottle (don't underestimate that feature, it's incredibly hard to find something that does).


What's that I hear? Ah, yes. It's my resident angel choir.

The last time they sang in honour of a baby-related purchase, it was for this Skip Hop bottle dryer - which brought about the end of a very cluttered kitchen countertop, and looks oh so cool while it's doing it.


Seriously, HOORAY for the people who are actually starting to make an attempt to incorporate intelligent and cool design into baby products. You're making this new mom very happy. Now make me more cool stuff :)

Okay, this blog is getting lame. Good thing I'm making a temporary escape from Mommyland and going to the Cocoon Christmas Party tomorrow night... Though I'm going to bet that the post I write following our festivities goes less like 'check out the awesome time I had at this awesome party because I'm awesome' and more like 'it was so hard to leave my baby, even though it was only for a couple of hours and she was totally happy and safe with my parents.'

Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 13, 2008 10:14 AM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

I also think that the Avent formula dispenser is AMAZING! We have 2. It's great because when your baby is older you can pop out the divider and use it for dry snacks! I can totally relate!

 
At December 13, 2008 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it's probably 'healthy' plastic as some things aren't. Good find:)

 
At December 14, 2008 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great baby invention: The baby wipe warmer. Nice and warm on the tooshy and helps prevent the kid from piddling as soon as the cold wipe touches them after the diaper has been removed.

 
At December 14, 2008 8:35 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

If you want to read about cool kids stuff my buddy Kal (of the I love life blog) often links to some great resources.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home