Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fibro Update

So it's official. I'm dealing with a fibromyalgia flare-up, and there aren't really words to communicate my disappointment. I wanted so desperately to give 110% to my family right now, and it's hard to ask for help. But that's exactly what I did yesterday. I went to go see my doctor and filled a prescription for something that will *hopefully* help a little bit (the best option they could offer was something that will take up to six weeks to be fully effective - if it works for me at all). And Geoff went back to work today after a couple of days off, but I called my parents yesterday to fill them in on how I was feeling and asked them to come over and watch Briony for a couple of hours today so that I can sleep and get a bit of a break from carrying her around.

But Briony started smiling yesterday. It's incredible how much that can fix.

And because I wasn't able to continue breastfeeding, all my medication options are open to me. Kind of a strange silver living, but I'm so happy that I'm not having to balance making that decision on top of everything else - and bottle feeding allows me to let Geoff and my mom help with feeding her. Which makes me realize that everything just kind of works itself out the way it's supposed to be.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At December 18, 2008 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take every silver lining you can get:) I'm just a little jealous of Grandma feeding Briony but SO glad she can help.
OOH, a SMILE - that can make your day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home