Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Briony is One Month Old

Briony is one month old today. Can you believe it? This has been the fastest month of my life, no question, but it truly feels like Briony has been a part of our little family forever. I am absolutely in awe of how much she was grown and changed in just four short weeks.

New Things This Month:
- EVERYTHING

Favourite Moments:
- The first time I held her in my arms. I had to wait too long for that moment, and I think it just made it even more intense and wonderful
- Last week, I was feeding her in the middle of the night and she sucked so hard that the bottle's nipple flattened out and she wasn't getting any milk. I took the bottle away for half a second to fix it for her, and she was MAD about her temporary lack of milk (and she let me know). I quickly put the bottle back in her mouth, and she gripped both sides of it - as if to ensure that I couldn't take it away again. The best part? The tiny hand that was facing me was giving me the finger. I know it's impossible, but I kind of suspect that she knew exactly what she was doing... :)
- Watching her with Geoff, especially when they're hanging out on the couch together. She just looks so tiny and they look like they absolutely belong together
- Briony's first time playing in her gym, totally fascinated by all the toys and sounds and colours
- Briony and Chloe meeting for the first time outside of our stomachs (you'll recall that when I held Chloe for the first time, I was still pregnant with Briony - and my little girl was kicking the crap out of her cousin from inside of me)
- Watching my parents fight over who gets to hold her, and seeing how they love her *almost* as much as we do
- Getting ready for our first Christmas with her

Looking Forward To:
Briony's first social smile... I torment her for hours a day, trying to coax one out. The other day, I thought that I had one for sure and I totally teared up - and then she pooped. Oh well :)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At December 16, 2008 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I needed that picture...thanks(:

 
At December 16, 2008 10:14 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Happy one month birthday Briony!

 
At December 16, 2008 10:51 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Doesn't she have the cutest little munchkin face in that picture? I love it.

 
At December 16, 2008 11:13 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

SURELY you jest. How in the world is it possible that she is one month? I remember thinking our first month went fast but, dear god, that is the most insane thing I've ever heard!

I do have to say, seems you've embraced this mommy thing like a pro. Well done :)

 
At December 17, 2008 10:12 AM, Blogger Elleah said...

It's so fun to celebrate every milestone, big and small. :)

 
At December 18, 2008 7:42 AM, Blogger gloria said...

lol @ poop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home