Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Change of Plans

Okay, so today didn't turn out *quite* the way I thought it would. I'd been missing adult company enough that I hauled myself out of bed early this morning and got Briony (and myself) ready for Moms Group - our first appearance since she was born. Geoff surprised me with Starbucks when he got home just after 8 this morning, so I could cross that off my list of things to accomplish on my way to church. Plus it gave me a bonus ten minutes to spend with him before we left and he went to sleep.

Long story short, Briony and I got there five minutes early (!) only to discover that the Moms Group is on Christmas Break. Sigh. I walked over to the other side of the building and we visited my aunt Verna who was more than happy to see us - and introduce us to her coworkers who have apparently heard a lot about these babies because they knew Briony on sight :)

After that, I figured that since we were awake and presentable anyway, we would have a little field trip. We spent a few hours mall walking - and shopping - almost five, to be exact, with one stop to the private mall nursing room (thanks for the tip, Kari-Ann). It felt SO GOOD to be getting some exercise. Do not underestimate the moderate workout you can get from navigating a stroller through a packed pre-Christmas mall while power walking.

Now all my Christmas shopping is officially done, with one gift left to wrap. Do I get a prize or something? This is BY FAR a personal record.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At December 09, 2008 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You BEAT ME??? With a newborn? Wow. You should totally get an award.

 
At December 09, 2008 7:31 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

It's not actually that impressive. You forget that I was off work for a full month before Briony came. I did 90% of it during the two weeks when I was overdue and mall walking to keep myself from going crazy (and trying to induce labour, of course).

 
At December 09, 2008 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will give you a sticker of your choice!

 
At December 10, 2008 3:31 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh, please do tell where the private nursing room is at the mall . . . and which mall! :-)

 
At December 10, 2008 4:41 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

We went to Polo Park, and there are four nursing rooms in the mall: Sears, The Bay, the Food Court, and the main floor washrooms (across from the Customer Service desk). We went to the one by the Customer Service desk because it's private - you'll just need to exchange a piece of ID for the key at the desk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home