Monday, December 08, 2008

Yawn

Okay, so I guess I forgot to give Briony the memo about sleeping at night while her daddy is at work.

She usually does pretty well, and it's not like last night was a disaster - she was awake a lot, but she wasn't screaming. She would just fuss whenever I put her down and wanted to play instead of participating in *my* activity of choice: sleeping. The big difference is that Geoff got home this morning and needed to sleep, so not only was I missing my trade-off person at night, I'm also missing him today. And he has two more night shifts left, then two off, then three more next weekend. We'll survive, but it's certainly not ideal.

Now I'm left with the quintessential mommy dilemma. It's 11 am and Briony just went back to sleep after a feeding... Do I eat breakfast and shower? Or do I crawl back into bed? Ugh. As much as I WANT that nap, I NEED the shower. And the food.

(Here, I pause to look down at my stomach which bears a striking resemblance to the Pillsbury Doughboy, and give it a tentative poke to confirm that I have not re-developed abdominal muscles overnight. I resist the urge to giggle. I'm pretty sure my body could feast off the spoils of my pregnancy remnants until Christmas at least.)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At December 08, 2008 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay! Just wondering what type of formula you are using for Briony? Nestle thinks I've had a baby this year, so they keep sending me coupons - and I have two $5 off coupons for Good Start, plus a small number of other baby food coupons that could come in handy. Let me know,

 
At December 08, 2008 12:09 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

We have her on Good Start Natural Cultures. So far, so good (and I would not refuse your coupons...).

 
At December 08, 2008 12:27 PM, Blogger Jobina said...

Ah ye, the jello belly...no one warned me about that! Takes some getting used to. I remember that dilema too...Food? Nap? Shower? Maybe try eating in the tub with your eyes closed?

 
At December 08, 2008 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that stomach the weirdest thing ever?? It totally creeped me out the first time around.

 
At December 08, 2008 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh...jelly muffin top. There is just noting like it!
I feel your pain with the man nurse night shifts....it sucks! I have accepted it but I still hate it. My advice(although you did not ask for it) is nap when you can...while you still have only 1 kid. I am not in love with sleep like some of you, but I wished I would have napped more when I just had Baely at home. Man nurse husband + 3 kids + hockey = no sleep:) Wouldn't trade it for the world though!!!!!!

 
At December 09, 2008 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I send those coupons to? Can you email me your address? One of them expires Dec.31. eternal_13@yahoo.com

 
At December 09, 2008 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and I STILL have jelly belly muffin top... LOVE IT! It's just the proof that I've had a baby - so I'm happy to bear that scar for the rest of my life. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home