Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Success! (I Think)

I'm a little worried about 'speaking too soon syndrome' - but I woke up this morning with a *huge* smile on my face (and not just because my husband returned from his night shift with a half-caf caramel macchiato in hand for his highly pregnant wife). TODAY IS LENNY KRAVITZ DAY. And I am not yet a mother. Woohoo!

I've been working so hard not to get my hopes up about this concert, because I didn't know when Briony would come - and really, in the scope of life the universe and everything, I'd gladly miss a concert if it meant I got to meet my daughter. But now that the day is here, I'll admit to being pretty psyched about getting to enjoy *both* experiences :)

Still a few hours to go before we're all clear, but I'm feeling pretty confident. Of course, I've never done this before, so that confidence is based on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Whatever.

In other news, the final few baby things we ordered online have all arrived now - my Bravado nursing tanks (which I'm NEVER taking off) and the incredibly sweet Small Potatoes nursing cover (thanks for the tip, Amber! - we decided on the Loft Espresso fabric, and I love it even more in person than I did online, if that's possible).

Well, maybe I spoke a *little* too soon. I may remove the awesomely comfortable tank and replace it with my Love Revolution t-shirt tonight. Assuming it still fits over my ginormous pregnant belly :)

Just a thought, but do you think it's coincidence that the Winnipeg Free Press is coming off strike just in time to cover the story of the crazy lady who gave birth at the Lenny concert? hehe

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 29, 2008 10:28 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Haha - I think my friend giving birth the concert tonight could very well be THE best story ever.

See you soon! (and good work with the small potatoes!)

 
At October 29, 2008 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have SO much fun! Your little girl is going to be experiencing some awesome music safely tucked inside there (Auny Erin says "stay in there, little miss!) :)

 
At October 29, 2008 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous you're going to see Lenny. I couldn't find anyone to go to the concert with me here :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home